Monday, December 20, 2010

PRE-GAME SOUP

Hello all! I love the cooler weather that comes with fall and winter because I get to make all kinds of soups, stews and chili's which I think are some of my favorite things to eat...EVER! Plus, everything is make is in 1 pot which those of you who know me well, know that I HATE DISHES! :) and having 1 pot to wash is pure Heaven! I make this soup once a week and it usually gets us from Saturday to Monday eating leftovers for either lunch or dinner. My husband and I love this soup so I thought I would share it with you...pictures included! :)

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1 large pot, crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, herbes de provence, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste, 1 lb of Laura Lean ground beef, 2 stalks of celery (diced), 2 carrots (peeled and diced), 1 yellow or white onion (diced), 1 garlic clove (minced), 1 yellow squash (quartered and sliced), 1 zucchini (quartered and sliced), 1 can of cannellini beans/white beans (drained and rinsed), 1 jar of Emeril's Kicked Up Tomato Sauce (found in pasta aisle but if you can't find it then use your favorite sauce), 1 box of beef or vegetable stock, 3/4 to 1 cup of detali pasta (short pasta)


Heat pot on stove med-high heat and add 1 TBS of oil or butter...
Take 1 lb of beef, add salt and pepper to season and roll into mini meatballs and cook through (about 5 minutes)

Add diced celery, carrots, and onion...soften for 3-5 minutes...add 1 minced clove of garlic and stir...
Add 1tsp crushed red peppers or 1/2 TB if you like things SPICY! Also throw in 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1/2 TB of Herbes de Provence and stir...

Stir in Emeril's Kicked Up Tomato Sauce and add box of beef or vegetable stock and bring back up to a boil...

Toss in the Zucchini and Squash...add cannellini beans and stir gently...
Add 1 cup of ditali pasta (short pasta) Cover and let simmer with burner on low for 15 minutes...Turn off stove top and stir and let rest, covered, for another 5 minutes.

And SERVE! Should serve about 6 people...

ENJOY! Try out this recipe and let me know what you think about it and about my post! If you like it then maybe I can post a monthly recipe with pictures because I love to bake and cook! Anyways...Happy Eating! :)

2 comments:

  1. aahhhh yummmmm...thank you, making this Wednesday, probably!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how it turns out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete