Thursday, March 31, 2011

goals. fear of the unknown. comfort.





last months goals were...
1. lose 5 lbs
    i lost 3 out of the 5 pounds which is a pretty good start   especially for not really changing my eating habits! i work out at least 4 times a week with pilates and power-plates and walking. going to make a more conscious effort to make good food choices next month!
2. create a website/blog...something that reflects me, my style,etc.
    i purchased SHOWIT! i am super excited about this...now i just have to bare down and get my creative juices flowing and get my website ready and launched! for those of you who don't know about SHOWIT i totally recommend that you check it out...
3. post at least 1 blog a week
     i did just that...now i think it's time to up my game a bit and try for 2 a week...and come up with a schedule...like a "fashion friday" the first friday of every month and then 1 personal blog post and at least 1 session blog post.

i really can't believe that March is OVER! it went by so fast...it's crazy to think that a month ago i was just in Vegas for WPPI...it's amazing how busy life gets...i really need to take the time to slow it down and really get in tune with what God has planned for me and follow his direction...let him lead me down the path that he has made specially for me instead of worrying about the unknowns. just have the faith and trust that he will be there no matter what...i can't be afraid of failing or not doing things right...i just need to go for it! my devotional today was about fearing the unknowns and I loved the verses referenced...
"Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before" - Joshua 4:3
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" - Psalm 32:8
"'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" - Jeremiah 29:11
i really love Jeremiah 29:11...it's always been one of my favorite verses! these words were very comforting to hear today as i embark on a new month with new goals! :)


so now on to April's goals...
1. launch my brand new SHOWIT website and blog
2. lose another 3 lbs & be more aware of my eating habits and food choices
3. focus on booking sessions for the next month
4. blog at least 2 times a week - blog more in detail about my mission trip to Africa, "fashion friday", get my session images posted within 24 hours consistently 
5. design & order a coffee table book of the Africa trip, for my personal enjoyment
6. create the video from Africa for Circle of Hope International
7. research and purchase the perfect lighting equipment...
8. i am not a big reader but i would like to read at least 1 book this month dealing with business like "the purple cow" or the "22 immutable laws of marketing" etc

well...cheers to another month down in 2011 and a great april coming our way! what are some of your goals for the month of april?! let me know in the comment area below or at 
Brandy Dawson Photography or my twitter account! looking forward to hearing from you! 

have a blessed weekend!

b

pictures are from our zambian safari...africa mission trip january 2011
yes...those are hippos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment